SCYA 2020 Volleyball | Register Today
Commissioner: Jamie Huggins Asst. Commissioner: Myeisha Wallace firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is currently DUE to COVID-19 County Fall volleyball has been cancelled.
SCYA offers the following age groups for all genders:
- • 10U; for those who are 10 yrs. old or younger on or before Sept 1 (typically 4th & 5th grade)
- • 12U; for those who are 12 yrs. old or younger on or before Sept 1 (typically 6th & 7th grade)
- • 14U; for those who are 14 yrs. old or younger on or before Sept 1 (typically 8th & 9th grade) o When possible 14U will have a team play in the county “A” bracket. This team will be formed after formal evaluations. Regardless of age a child can be evaluated for a higher-level team. It is the final decision and responsibility of the commissioners to place players on the appropriate teams. If you want your child to be considered for a team higher than their age would place them by default or if they would like to be considered for the 14U Gold team, they MUST attend at least one of the evaluations. Evaluations are tentatively set for August. Updates will be distributed to all registered participants as details are finalized. All players are encouraged to attend.
SCYA will provide a jersey that will be returned at the end of the season. Players should provide their own black shorts or spandex, tennis shoes and kneepads. Kneepads are not required but encouraged.
Have you been looking for a way to give back to your community? Coaching is a great way to start. We have many qualified coaches but are always looking to grow our family with both head coaches and assistant coaches. If this sounds like you or you just have questions before diving in, please contact the commissioner directly. All volunteers have eligibility requirements that must be met prior to participating.
Season Notes and Important Dates
- • Practices will begin the first week of school
- • Team game schedules will be released on or about September 11th
- • First games start on or about September 16th
- • Season will consist of 7 games
Check out our online store at SCYA Swag Store! 10% of all purchases are invested back into our program. To view all items, click ITEMS at the top left of the page. The store will open in the Summer.
For more volleyball info contact Jamie Huggins at email@example.com