SCYA Volleyball 2018 Season is OPEN
SCYA is proud to offer another season of Volleyball. Volleyball is a co-ed sport and all players are encouraged to play. As a growing sport in the SCYA organization, we are also offering a referral discount of 25% for any player who refers a player who registers that has not played SCYA Volleyball in the past. The referral discount will be applied to both players. The age groups and teams we will be fielding are:
· 14U-A- our 14U Gold team will play in the “A” bracket and have evaluations tentatively set for August 20th and 27th from 6-8pm at either Tracy’s or Southern High School (permit pending). Updates will be distributed to all registered participants as details are finalized. All players are encouraged to attend.
Open gym will be on August 15th between 6-8pm at Tracys Elementary and August 22nd location to be determined(please check back). All players attending open gym must be registered for the season. The open gym will be run by the coaches that will be coaching the season and will be a good opportunity to meet them and work on some skills before the season opens. The open gym will also have a skill focus that will be age level appropriate. All players are encouraged to attend. Open gym updates will be distributed to all registered participants.
We have many qualified coaches but are in need of more-both head coaches and assistants. Please contact the commissioner directly if you are able to volunteer. All volunteers have eligibility requirements that must be met prior to participating.
SEASON NOTES and DATES
· Team practices will begin the first week of school
· Team game schedules will be released on September 11th
· First games are September 16th
· Season will consist of 7 games
· SCYA will loan players a uniform jersey
· Players will need to provide kneepads and black spandex bottoms
· Registration fees are $115.00 per player
For more Volleyball info contact David Valdez