Girls County Basketball
Registration is OPEN for the 2019/2020 Winter Season.
Registration for girl’s county basketball ages 8 through 13 will close November 1st. After November 1stplayers will be waitlisted and placed on teams with available slots. Please do not wait to register!!
Preseason Workout and Player evaluation sessions:
We are planning 1 preseason workout to knock the dust off and then two player evaluations sessions in October. These sessions are available for registered players only. Times and locations will be announced via email so please be on the lookout.
We would like all players to attend at least one of the player evaluation sessions but attending both would be best.
Our program would not be possible without our amazing volunteer coaches. If you’re interested in coaching or otherwise volunteering in our upcoming season, please contact us at email@example.com.
While you wait to hear back, please sign up as a volunteer for your child’s age group in the SCYA Sports Signup system and complete the required Anne Arundel County background check. https://www.aacounty.org/services-and-programs/volunteer-background-check
Other Season Dates and Notes
- Practices for county basketball will begin in November
- County games will begin in December, most likely December 7th
- SCYA will loan players a game uniform that must be returned
- Registration is $100 and there is an additional $15 that will be used to purchase a shooting shirt that the player will keep
- A league teams get 14 games. B league teams get 11 and C teams get 10
- 8u and 9u teams will use the 27.5” youth ball
- 10 – 13u teams will use the 28.5” women’s ball